Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Yay Curry!

So, Wednesday was interesting.
We went to our first official orientation meeting this morning and from there we wandered off to take care of more business affairs, I remembered that I hadn't checked my school email in a while and found out my speaking partner had emailed me twice (ps: I have two now, I just got an email from her). So I apologized to her and then went to meet the faculty. My advisor seems awkward since we have little in common but our graduating school at Miami but he's nice. I had a fun chat with my (hopefully) Psychology professor. After that I found out my insurance paperwork wasn't good enough and I freaked out because I might not get into my art class. Art I know, but I was looking forward to it. I'll find out tomorrow morning when I check my mailbox. I have a prepaid phone card but no phone, charger, or sim card. My phone didn't work... stupid weird phone system here. Oh well.

I got curry for lunch again and it made me happier. We were late to the next meeting because of it but I would have had nothing to do with it if I didn't get something to eat. The intro to Faculty and safety issues were entertaining and we wandered a bit more afterwards waiting for the others to finish up things. We bought small note card packets to make our own apples 2 apples game in Japanese but we haven't started that yet. When we got back, I doddled around the internet on my laptop and chatted with some people before going to a Sushi restaurant that only cost my 630 yen for whatever I wanted. It was on a conveyor belt. Pictures are getting downloaded onto the computer now. Uploaded tomorrow. That was a ton of fun and I tried some interesting things including flan (sp?). It was weird!! But I suffered through wasabi so I could enjoy the sushi I wanted. Afterwards, I returned to my room and began to check emails and such until Lindsey came to the door looking to find someone to hang with while her roomie skyped with her parents. *cough cough*
We watched a couple things about sailor moon before Cassie came to the door looking for us and since my new roommate was napping, we took the stuff into her room. There Lindsey proceeded to unmat Cassie's hair while I played dress up doll games online and waited for another Sailor moon video to load. We did that until I went to shower(which I successfully did not soak anything that wasn't supposed to be) and when I returned our RA had done her best understanding what had happened to Cassie's hair and left, and Lindsey was almost finished. Our RA is Haruka. She has straight hair and didn't understand how Cassie's curly hair could get that bad or like that at all. Very amusing experience. After some videos and sailor moon SNES, Lindsey was out and the rest of us were on our way.
So, this is me afterwards. I finally updated and downloaded pictures. I chatted with some more people for the first time on fb chat, i.e. Travis and Jon and now I'm beyond exhausted. All updated and downloaded. Wonderful.

Oh forgot, my goal by the time I return is to have picked up Cassie's Australian accent... we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment