Sunday, January 31, 2010

私の家族 My family!

Okay, well! After a razzled morning of incoherent announcements due to the echoes in the hallway, I packed my bags and drank half a carton of apple juice. Bad choice. I then proceeded to walk to campus between rains and sit in a room watching something on this projector they set up to relax us. I met my host family. I understand why I can't call them okaa-san and otou-san because frankly they look only a little older than me. My imouto is totally Kawaii and so is my otouto but he's not feeling well right now. They trust me with a key to the house, internet, no curfew, and a lot of other things. They're very nice and are lending me a real towel. I sleep on a futon so that's exciting. Sorry, I'm currently a fan of it. I showed Chihiro-imouto, my toys- rubix cube, 360, and Gene. She was entertained by all of them, although she thinks Gene is a girl? It's okay because she's kawaii. I kind of wish I had my drawers in my suitcase because all I have are hangers in the closet. Oh well... We went grocery shopping and went out to eat for dinner. It was really a long drive but nice. Chihiro is my buddy now. By the way, the pictures are getting uploaded as we speak/type! Get excited! We watched some tv in the car, a kiddie cartoon that I could barely understand of course... Chihiro liked it though. Japanese cars are soo cool! They have built in tv with reception and the tv can double with gps and a parking guide with diagrams and everything! It's way cool! Very boxy, but still cool. The house is very small but very tall. I fell going up the stairs... they're dangerous! Did I mention Miwa-san is opening a nail salon in one of the spare rooms and wants to practice on me. It makes me laugh since the last time my nails were painted was for ... ... Dining out? or the Bicentennial ball at Miami? That paint is almost all off now!
Well, I've got class in the morning and should start getting things all set up since I have to catch a bus at 8:07. MOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment