Monday, February 1, 2010

Nani? 3 & 4?

So today I had the biggest headache I've ever had! ALL DAY!

I didn't sleep very well last night, partially because I went to bed so late and partially because I was a light sleeper and was scared I'd miss my alarm, bus, class, etc. Of course, I don't sleep enough and am exhausted all day.
I make it plenty early for my Japanese class- about 40 mins early... oops. So I just sat around for a bit and checked my mail. I went to class and saw that I had already learned everything in there and everything we were going to learn. Crap! So I asked the teacher if I could move up and she set up an appointment with me at 4:30. I successfully participated in class and only was a little bit nervous speaking in front of everyone. I need to get better about that quickly.

So I had nothing afterwards and luckily found Lindsey and Cassie and we wandered to the bookstore for a bit where I got money and bought a grammar dictionary for Japanese. It WILL be useful. I then remembered I had a meeting with my second speaking partner at 11, not 12... So I ran to meet her and got there early again. We chatted for about 2 hours over lunch with her friend and someone from my Japanese class but my brain was fried and exhausted so my Japanese was in shambles. Complete Shambles... I was also falling asleep and had 2 classes afterwards.

Well, the Anthro class sounds fun and so does the psych but hopefully, I'll be more mentally conscious for them. I made friends with a German guy who's in both of them with me and this other girl who's from Kansas. After going through the intro's for both classes, I was faced yet again with the imminent danger of speaking in Japanese to my professor and hopefully sounding coherent enough to get her stamp of approval to attend a level 4 class. Somehow I managed it, even though I was all over the place mixing up how to form causative, potential and something else which I cannot even remember right now. Not bad for extreme mental exhaustion. So now I've got to get up for another 9 am and basically go to 4 Japanese classes in the morning, maybe 3. My sensei wants me to ask the other RWJ sensei about level 4 too for kanji... KOWAII. I didn't ask for that but we'll see what happens tomorrow.

My afternoon is pretty much free afterwards though because I don't have class Tues or Fri afternoons. It's nice. I am going to meet my first speaking partner so hopefully, I manage better after going through 3/4 Japanese classes and already seeing a speaking partner. We shall see.

Oh, Gakuto was taken to the doctor today because he's still sick. I think he's okay though since they (Toru-san & Miwa-san) came back and seemed fine. He spoke to me today so maybe he is feeling better. It was just Chihiro-chan and I for dinner and we practiced some Japanese and English and watched Fairy Tales(?) some crazy anime that actually looks interesting. I made some flashcards for review and got to have my first use of the o-furo! It was really relaxing and soo cool! I want one in my house! It almost made my headache go away. Speaking of that. I'm going to bed now.
oyasumi!

1 comment:

  1. Hey little sister, I'm getting nostalgic for my study abroad days in Spain just reading about all of your (mis)adventures and little impressions. A note of advice though: Many of us reading your blog have no idea what most of the Japanese words are that you're referencing, so a short explanation, link, or picture would be very helpful. If it weren't for Google/Wikipedia, I'd be sad to miss that you're using the traditional hot bath aka o-furo, which sounds awesomely relaxing. :)

    ReplyDelete