Sunday, May 23, 2010

Lots of Lively Laughing Lately

Okay, I wasn't planning on updating today since not a lot happened but something really funny happened a little bit ago that I really want to share.

In general, today was good. It rained really heavily so no swing dancing (T-T) but otherwise, I went to mass with Carlos and listened to him give the second reading in Japanese. We grabbed lunch afterwards with some people and I said my goodbyes. They were really nice, it's a pity I had to leave them so soon. When I return to Japan, I'll see about visiting the area to see them for a Sunday. They seem to always have parties when I'm around. ^_^

But after that I hurried to meet Mai and her friends for Karaoke at Kyobashi. I was late, of course, but only just a little. We then did karaoke for 3 hours! It was AMAZING! We had so much fun and reminisced about some songs (from anime) and other things. They laughed as I reminded them of one of the songs from Rayearth... not the one I thought it was... so I stumbled a lot. I was running out of Japanese songs I could find and sing because they also picked songs that were on my "karaoke" playlist. We then also did some Taylor Swift, Arvil Lagvine, Pretty Woman, Michelle Branch, and then I found musicals... mwahahaha! They had two of my favorite songs from Mom's Mother's Day Mix: Shall we dance? and I Could Have Danced All Night.
Oh, it was awesome. They sounded just right (no funky versions or off keys) and I nailed them! It was funny. They were shocked about my "My Fair Lady" song. I guess they don't have very high singing voices... ^_^* It made me miss bursting into song back home and that CD since my iTunes died on me again and I lost more than half of my music... according to iTunes anyway. It's there, it just won't pick it up... >.<

But after that I barely caught the bus home and chilled out with the family for a while, then worked on my room again, put on my wig for Chihiro's amusement, and had a clothes fight with her too. We had a variation of Omu-rice for dinner but with veggies and no rice inside. Don't worry, we got a separate bowl for it and miso soup. ^)^ We hung around and watched TV, I told my host mom I should run with my luggage to the airport (about 1 hour by fast train away) and she couldn't stop laughing. Me too though... Then I returned to my room while they took a bath (o-furo) and continued to pack things until I began skyping with the rents.

Okay, more than 3/4 of the way through my talk with Mom, Chihiro walks in. She's in her pajamas, mask on, eyes red, and looking for something. At first she's a little difficult to understand so I think that she's telling me that I was too loud but she didn't say anything of the sort so I ask her if she's okay and she responds with where is "okaa-san?" Her mom. Where did she go? to be exact... I'm thinking... I've been in my room, door closed for the last 45 mins talking to my mother... I don't know. So I tell her I don't know and she walks out and I hear her go back to her room. Nothing.

After I finish skyping, I go look for Miwa... thinking she went somewhere. I find her in the kitchen doing dishes... and I ask her if she's okay and if she went anywhere. No... Then I tell her about Chihiro and she laughs because apparently Chihiro sleepwalks and talks sometimes. This is the first time I've seen it. We both crack up because she heard the door close earlier from the kitchen and thought it was weird but didn't think anything of it otherwise. So, yeah. Now I know I can communicate with my host sister even when she's asleep... hahaha. I'm sorry. I just thought it was soo cute because she looked really tired too and sometimes, according to Miwa, she will yell "mou" = "geez" in her sleep. I find stuff like this hilarious. Sorry. Aw... I'm going to miss these guys... for all the annoyances and frustrations with not being able to explain myself just right sometimes, I'm definitely going to miss them.

Chihiro also said, she definitely won't be awake to say goodbye to me on Thursday... because it'd be at 5:30ish. Hahaha, again, Miwa and I laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment