Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Worst Day Ever?

Okay...

Wednesday? Wasn't that hot... this isn't for the faint of heart...

but here's the recap:

I woke up around 11:30 to head to school and print off my paper so I could turn it in. I do manage that after getting stuck behind lots of slow people on bikes, having it rain lightly, and nearly hitting an old lady who doesn't look both ways before crossing anything.
The rain held off mostly until I got into the CIE building so I was grateful. Overall, these weren't so bad. I end up chatting with my psy professor for a while about what I'd want to do in the future and well, get a job hopefully. Other people came in and we discussed our feelings about Japan. The good, the bad, and the stuff that you know you should knock on wood about when you say it hasn't happened to you yet... >.<*******
I guess I was asking for it by mentioning how lucky I've been... >.<*************
If I see that guy again, he will have his own broken fingers ripped off and shoved into his mouth, eyes, and ears. (I can't wait to drive my car again)

Well, I grabbed some soft serve ice cream cause it was small and cheap and I didn't want to eat anything big since I was kind of skipping lunch. That was yummy but I forgot, I have my mother's stomach and I have to eat well-balanced meals... or something better than Mc D's ice cream and chocolate sauce... So that was an ugh moment later at home.

I luckily grabbed my bike and got home in a break in the rain but finally had a bug fly directly into my eye... oh, gross. I was blinded so badly, I actually had to stop my bike.

I got to chat with Miwa and the kids for a bit before I went to my room to relax and begin typing up copies of papers so I don't need to take them home. It's only my Japanese stuff from Genki that might be useful like stories and vocab. Unfortunately, I forgot which one I had left off on last time and realized it was the only lesson I hated. You know, it's not that I didn't understand something grammatically or did poorly on. It was the story. I forgot how uncomfortable I felt in class when we were going through it. It's about these two people who are dating, one lives in Osaka and one lives in Tokyo. They are trying to set up her friend with his coworker and well, basically... the friend ends up being a total sleezebag and the boyfriend an a-hole because they "fall in love" and the best friend never mentions anything about it. The boyfriend avoids talking to her until he finally sends her a letter because he's a pansy after 2 weeks. Did I mention the guy said he couldn't come to Osaka to visit the girlfriend because he had a business trip? But instead, he actually goes to Osaka to visit the girlfriend's friend... I was soo angry about this. We had to give our responses to this story and man, did I tear both of those two apart. If I knew bad worse in Japanese, I probably would have called them that.
-_-*
So yeah, after sitting through typing that up and then getting nervous about trying to find the swing dancing place on my own in the dark, I end up getting sick a bit (due to the not so good eating). Then I change my clothes to something to keep me a bit warmer since I don't have a coat besides the red wool one. I grab my stuff and catch the bus to the station. The way to the station close to the dancing place was easy and besides standing the whole way because the seats were filled, it was only slightly awkward. -_-*

I manage to grab some nikuman for dinner and get some directions to set me off in the correct direction from the station. I had a map and the address but in Japan, not all maps tell you which way is north. So I had to ask for directions twice because I got confused a bit and turned too early. Then somehow, my second set of directions got me there without me realizing it at first. I look to my right and suddenly there is a huge sign for the building. I wasn't expecting it there. Oh, it's been raining this whole time so I've been using my tiny-going to break soon umbrella that I borrowed from Miami's LLab lost and found 2 years ago. It's sad that it lasted longer than the big one from Korea.

Well, I walk in and slip on the stairs to the basement, where the dance is being held. I successfully busted at least 3 blood vessels in my right wrist and jam my left wrist. Thankfully, my right hand never went numb so nothing more than really bad bruising happened. I found the place, got scolded for eating in there... Oh well, the only sign was hidden on the door and there were drinks in there, so it's slightly hypocritical... It said no to both. Whatever.

I did manage to make some friends and get someone to walk back with me to a station. The dancing was really fun and there were lots of different people there. We did a snowball and a new people circle (rather than a bday circle). So I got to dance a lot and I felt a lot better. I plan to meet some of them on Sunday hopefully at the Osaka castle live band event! Yay!

She got me to the station and I got on a train... it was the packed kind that only happens when it's in the last hour before the trains stop... That's when I decided, the perfect fate for chikan. At least the other people around me weren't loathsome creatures like that one guy... I did not give him the pleasure of attempting again. He would have gotten a broken finger or two.

So now, feeling frustrated and violated, I get to Hirakata station at midnight. There are no buses that run at midnight. So I decide to start walking the way the bus normally takes to get me home... it's dark, and I'm not that familiar with that way... why I took it? I was not thinking straight. So I end up in some shady side of town that if this were anywhere but Japan, I probably would have been assaulted. Don't worry, I was fully aware of it and getting more and more upset as I turned around and went back the way I came. I then take the normal walking route home and for those who don't recall, it's a 90 min walk. I put in my headphones and put on my "on the go" music and took off.
So I head back but stop at a conbini (convenience store) to borrow the bathroom because I drank a whole bottle of water at Swing. As I begin walking out, I note a chocolate ice cream cone like the one I had in Korea. I bought it immediately and devoured it because my meals were pathetic that day. I continue my trip home and even walk up the mountain and back down. As I get closer, I start running home. My music at the midway on the mountain was Gundam Wing so I knew that would get me home safely.

I get inside the house and have to peel off my socks and shoes. I had a blister. Then, I went straight to the bathroom, washed my face and hands and brushed my teeth. I got to my room and had to peel off my clothes because although, it wasn't raining enough to notice. I was completely soaked. I just had to pass out once I got to my bed. I wanted to sleep on the floor, not even my bed but I needed comfort.

I'm so glad that day ended.
Today will be better! I'm staying home all day and hanging out with my host family!

Oh, on a good note. I actually made it home in 90mins which included going the wrong way and taking a conbini break. Yay for pump up music and anger!

No comments:

Post a Comment