Friday, May 21, 2010

Taking it easy and sittin' on top o' the world!

Thursday and Friday have been better! No worries! I got that out of my system so now I'm ready to have fun like mad with my last week of school.
Fun Fact: Did you know that there are no Western Union's in Japan? Nothing like them either. Huh... That's a little inconvenient if you're broke...

Well, yesterday I did what I set out to do! Stay home all day! I kind of boycotted Japan and refused to leave the house but after how much my body and head hurt, I wasn't going to complain. My legs are still sore but what's annoying is that my arms are more bruised than I thought and so I get a not so nice surprise when I hit the correct spot. OUCH!

I met with Mai for lunch for the last time but we're going to Swing Dance and Karaoke on Sunday so it's not that bad! I besides sleeping in and missing out on the Toji Temple flea market... probably for the best... I met up with Keck-san and Mai for lunch and chatting. After that, I took care of my paperwork for getting my deposit back. I would have it but I lost track of time today and when I got in the bank... only the ATMs were open still. It was 4:07pm on a Friday... ... A little annoyed but at least I rode my bike so I could get home easily and I didn't waste 440 yen! Now though, I can't get the student discount for Karaoke and I want to see if Mai wants to go see the Detective Conan movie again with me since I haven't seen it and I really really want to! I know I probably will miss out on a lot of the general facts but we'll see if it happens. I can always wait 6 months to a year and see it subbed for free online.

*sigh* the choices... well, I apparently missed my opportunity to see my grade in Writing, which I call BS on since I was at school every day but Thursday and walked to her office and checked for the paper but it was NEVER there! Apparently, it was at one point though... mislabeled but there... a little miffed about that.
My Anthro paper was returned to me 20 minutes after I left campus... again... I'll have to grab that stuff after the completion ceremony tomorrow... ugh, early morning!
Keck-san is speaking at it though and I snagged a copy of his speech-it's in Japanese- so I can understand what he's saying in case he goes too fast again. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be fun tomorrow and busy if anyone actually remembers to tell me the plans more than 30mins to an hour before hand... >.<*

Skyping tonight with Jon, lots of plans for this weekend! Already started living out of my suitcase again... ^_^* I'm ready to go home.
I'm just hoping the old lady smell comes out of my kimono before I have to pack it in or else all my stuff will smell like old lady... o.o

I'm sooo cleaning my room the next chance I get! It's making me grossed out...
Oh well, back to conan while the family continues to eat/search for Gakuto's missing book. Bye!

PS: Mai had an English slang presentation today. ... x.x I read it before she went and I fear what they are teaching these Japanese students... It's never a good idea to let someone who's not native to the language teach the slang of that language because they never really understand the full impact some words have. For instance: Today I'm f-ing happy! (Apparently the F word means very) +_+ and to make slang something sound slang you stop using articles... The ENGLISH MAJOR in me CANNOT STAND FOR THIS! (the presentation drops the fbomb 3 times and it's only a minute long...) and what's a RUG?

No comments:

Post a Comment