Sunday, April 4, 2010

Meester Easter! Yesu-sama=Jesus

So, we're not going to talk much about yesterday... but it was a bit rough, as a lot of my plans fell through so to speak. My internet was um... troublesome as well.

But today was better! I went to Easter mass and found some familiar faces! Yay! I hung out with them for a bit, we ventured into Book Off and I bought 2 more cds for a grand total of 500 yen! I'm really not going back for a while now! REALLY! Again, it was an awesome deal since I got a lot of beautiful music (65 songs) for that price. Then I went to meet everyone for enjoying O-hanami! "Honorable Flower viewing" is the direct translation but it's really a codeword for people to go get drunk in public under the pretty cherry blossom trees. I did not partake in those drinking affairs but I'm okay with that. I didn't get to wear my kimono like I wanted to because I still don't know HOW to put it on... nor do I have all the necessary accessories. That will come in time/when we go back to the flea market! But again, oh well. Later days...

I've realized I cannot go swing dancing this Wednesday night as I have to schedule for my classes back home during that time... *sigh* I have my priorities in line... even if I'm saddened by it. It's okay. I might just be getting overwhelmed by the crazy Japanese ideals of "Ganbari!" (do your best) but I've got my classes figured out for the whole year and I may be taking 19 credit hours! 2 of the classes are joke 100 levels for my Eng major that I HAVE to take and haven't been able to get into them before. So again, intro to poetry and fiction... hah! Then 2 300s for my major, getting into SPN 303 for my math credit will be happening because I'll be taking it with David Motta! He was my teacher for SPN 312 and we're basically covering the same material. I know he'll let me in! Then I have some history class that will not be as bad as 111. I hope. But we'll see on DDay!

Anyway, I've got a bad headache so I'm going to go shower and pass out so I can wake up in the morning for class! Night all! Happy Easter!

PS: I forgot to mention, I got an egg for Easter from the Hirakatashi church! I didn't know if it was boiled at first, but pleasantly surprised that it was! I also got to meet the priest for the English and Spanish masses. I'm excited! Apparently, he's from Mexico so this will be fun catching up on my Spanish.

PPS: Oh and it's always annoying to find out that I'm 2 classes short of a Spanish minor... Maybe, maybe we'll talk about this later... Not for Fall semester anyway! It feels so weird to not take Japanese... but I can't with my schedule...

PPPS: Yeah, it took me half way through mass to realize when they said "yesu-sama" they were saying "Jesus"... where do they pull "yesu" from? What language says his name like that? Seriously, any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. So I take it you won't need me to look for that paper??
    Are they Japanese cds? what a bummer you didn't get to wear your komono!
    It was nice to hear from Jon!
    Talk to you at 8:30 my time tomorrow.
    mom

    ReplyDelete