Monday, April 26, 2010

Meh, could've been worse...

So although, I'm still sick today could have gone worse.

I got to classes and didn't do as hot on my quiz in Japanese as I wanted. I just couldn't get the vocab to stick as well Japanese to English as English to Japanese... strange... so I missed 3 on that part and 1 on the other... out of 10... but yeah, I made it this time and tried really hard! I've just been a mess because of this. My brains all confused and rattled, I was almost convinced a cold wasn't from a virus... yeah, logic is not my strong point right now...

But after having my teacher get upset with me for watching her instead of looking at my notes and looking for the answer to the question she asked that I already knew what the answer was, I squeaked out in a completely pained and broken voice in Japanese that I had no voice. I didn't talk much the rest of the day. Whenever I could avoid it I did. Unfortunately, I had to practice with my skit partners so I mouthed the words and then began to whisper then... by the end, I remembered whispering is worse than regular talking so I stopped that too.
I was beginning to worry about my psych presentation I had to give that afternoon since my partner for that kind of left me high and dry over the weekend... I threw together a powerpoint from my stuff and sent it to him since I wouldn't see him due to classes until 15 til it was due. I also grabbed a bento on campus, ran and informed my psych prof of my lack of voice to see what we could do since I really can't help it if I have no voice and have to talk for at least 5 mins of our presentation... Lindsey was a saving grace to me because she gave me some throat lozenges... I need to ask her where she got those. But otherwise, psych class ran out of time for me to do the presentation so we're going Wed now-- not really what I wanted since now my paper, presentation, and skit are all due that day... I only wanted the skit to be left to do... grrr...
But yeah, today was the longest I've been awake since Friday. By the time I was out of psych I was exhausted and bumping into things, ie walls. Fortunately, I foresaw something like this and took the bus today. Expensive yes, but safer than riding my bike!
I felt really specially getting the get well's from everyone on facebook. I didn't notice them until this evening because I was being a good, diligent, slightly procrastinating student! But yeah, Thanks everybody! I'm feeling a bit better but that's after a nap and now I've got to memorize what I'm writing for class tomorrow and start memorizing my skit script and maybe get some work done on my paper... The only necessity is the writing for class... Sakubun test... ugh.

Yep, that's been my day. I got told I looked like I slept 2 hours last night when in fact it was about 8... but what can you do? I looked like crap even through the makeup, maybe I'll try harder tomorrow... maybe...

Okay, on to working now so I can shower and feel better and sleep lots!

PS: On a good note, my anthro teacher extended the due date of our next paper by another 5 days. YAY! I don't have to stress out now! (He did it mostly because he barely started grading our last ones...)

No comments:

Post a Comment