Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Japanese is what?!

Well, it's Tuesday night and I've barely managed to focus enough to get my studying done for my minor vocab and kanji quiz tomorrow. It's hard to focus when you already know all/most of it. Oh well, next chapter it's not as bad. But I've played quite a bit of Chrono Trigger- going to beat it soon! I'm going through video game withdrawal but it's not these games I have access to that I'm suffering for! Oh well...
I managed to bike in the light rain today both to and from class! Yay! I saved 440 yen today! I also took my lesson test in my speaking class and I think it went well? But really with those, who knows... only the teacher right now...
As promised, I stopped by the hajimemashite(nice to meet you) spot today and chatted in Japanese to a few people. It was really awkward for me and I was feeling really tired so my japanese was failing for a bit before I warmed up. I didn't realize how crappy it can be when I'm not comfortable with the person/situation... as a result, I went home and chatted with my host mom for a while in an attempt to practice my speaking and more complex grammar structures that don't allow me 5 minutes of picturing it in my head before saying it. Again, my writing is greatly improving but I still feel like I have that verbal block... GRR! I'm trying to remedy that now with the help of Mai and Keck-san and anyone else who can/will speak Japanese with me.
Oh well, I found out everyone's going to a Ninja festival this Sunday... I need to find out these details so I can decide if I can go. It sounds like a ton of fun! But, we'll see. Well, I'm unusually tired right now so I might actually go to bed! It's almost midnight!
Good night! おやすみ!

1 comment: