Sunday, April 18, 2010

What a Weekend .,!?

Okay, so to recap what my weekend was like...
Friday, was late to class because I was up super late the night before working on our script for our new Japanese skit and almost forgot my actual homework that night too. I missed 3 buses to get to school on time, it was raining pretty hard so I couldn't bike. I ended up having to stay until 5pm at school that day because we couldn't meet at 11... At least, we finished it and they seemed to like it. I am finished for the day normally at 11. Well, I met Mai and her friend for lunch and then we hung out until the meeting at 3. I was sooo tired but it couldn't be helped. I got back home and fell asleep for maybe 30 minutes before being awoken by people coming home. It sooo echoes here! But yeah, I spent the rest of Friday night chilling out with the family, having dinner, and then watching anime while the customer was here. I ended up being up late again because of that (>.<) of course, and I found out I was going somewhere with my host family the next day so I had to hurry and cancel other plans.

So I was up by 8:30 to be ready by 9 for this trip to a far away place with pottery and such. Well, they were running a bit behind but that was okay. We all piled into the car and off we went. After half of Pirates of the Caribbean in Japanese, we made it there. To Germany!!! Or a look-a-like German town. It was cute! But yeah, we caught fish and drove one of those swan boats, we couldn't make any pots but that is ok. It is actually just painting them,(・_・;) Im not good at that. I never can decide what to paint. But! I got to pet a cow because everyone was afraid of it.(;^_^A
We ate sausage and pizza and strawberry pocky and custard cream kit-kats. It was amusing.
After that, we went to a tea store and I embarrassed myself because the owner served us really strong green tea, which I attempted to try and ended up not being able to even keep a straight face... -_-* At least, he didn't see the face. Then we went to a plant store and I used a Japanese-style toilet for the first time, not too different from John Bryan state park... if I recall correctly...

The reason we went to the plant store was because we were going to visit Miwa`s mom at the cemetery next because it was her birthday today. We went there and switched out her flowers and tidied up her grave. It was interesting getting to see how Japanese people treat death and such. Then we headed home and I took a short nap, almost decided against going to the crazy club later that night when I realized my shirt for tonight was gone. I messaged my host parents because I thought maybe it had gotten mixed up with their stuff again but they came home and apparently, it was in the queue for getting ironed still. It's been since Spring break since I last wore it so I didn't remember. Thankfully, as I finished getting ready for the evening, Miwa ironed it for me. I was tired already but possibly because I hadn't had dinner yet and had been up so late and up so early so many nights in a row.

By the way, this club was called Yoru-sta... You're a star. Haha, funny. But anyway, what's the funniest part is that most people there were dressed in cosplay costumes! So I wore mine and Lauren did hers too, we met up with some friends of hers and got Karaoke and dinner (more expensive than I wanted... again -_-) but then when we got to the club, it was $10 more expensive than the site said... >.<* Good thing I had taken out a large amount of money or that night would have been a waste as I wouldn't have been able to get in! I did get to karaoke a lot because 2 of our group was very busy getting ready! Karaoke room, changing room, eating room, crazy room, it has a lot of names.

Well, the club was a lot of fun! Japanese dancing = crazy arm movements + the 2-step.
It was awesome! Not like awkward American clubs where people are grinding and groping and ew... Everyone had costumes and wigs and had 2 drinks included with the entrance fee so were mostly intoxicated but it was again, awesome! We danced the whole time! Well, I did anyway and made some random friends with Japanese people because of my impatience with awkward want-to-dance-but-can't-because-I-haven't-drank-enough-yet people... 11-6am... That was a long night. I wasn't feeling well with greasy food in my stomach so I just used my 2 drinks for water. I was very happy with that choice! But yeah, there were tons of people from FF7,9, and 13. But only a few from FF6,8, X/X-2. There were lots of Eva fans and I was yet again, the only one from Vampire Knight again but it's okay. I'm unique! Most people knew me or of me by the end of the evening. It was funny. For starters, I was one of the first people to dance and I got random others to dance with me. I was super genki and bouncing was part of my dancing, I was also one of very few gaijin there. If only I had been Selphie because my hair, for once, stayed curled out the whole night... perfect outward curl too!! >.<* I also got to dance on stage with a bunch of people, no worries! I wore shorts under my skirt! I know how to take care of myself! But everyone was really nice and fun and I made friends with another Rei from Eva and these 2 Alices from Alice in Wonderland. They were adorable! I danced with Ichigo and got pictures of Cloud and Yuna and others. I danced with a lot of other people too but I can't remember who now... my memory is rather shot with how tired I was/am. A ton of people wanted to get my picture, including the people who ran the bar. There were 3 areas of DJs, a basement that was really stuffy and small, an outdoor basement area which got cold easily, and a higher basement bar with a bigger room and air conditioning, it helped a bit when there weren't too many people there. But it was sooo much fun because the music was all anime/video game stuff! I recognized a bunch of it too and knew a bit of them! It was soo much fun, I'm really glad I went even though it was expensive, I figure that'll be the last time I wear my costume here because I don't think I can handle too many more all night events like that. Especially if they're expensive... ^_^*
I actually spoke to a good number of people there, most of which were Japanese and didn't speak any English. Yay! Cultural exchange! Also from this event, we have come to realize what a few of our favorite FF characters do in their spare time:
Cloud goes out partying and drinking on the weekends- hah! He has personality now!
Vincent is basically a night club singer.
Sephiroth is a night club DJ and an awesome one at that!

That's all, I remember now. Once it ended we gathered our stuff and headed back. I was concerned because I could feel myself getting grumpy since I was nearing the "24 hours of being awake" state... My patience kind of disappear when I get there. But we got back to Hirakata station and I thankfully had a bus waiting for me there! Yay! I jumped on and ended up riding back with Pat - another guy from KG who I ran into at the Ring during Spring Break and found out he lives near my neighborhood. So we got off at the same stop. He was also at a bar in the same area so it was funny. He was still partially intoxicated or getting hung over? I'm not sure but it was entertaining. My ears might have stopped ringing sooner but he let me listen to his music as well and it was soooooooooo loud. I thought I was back at the club. Oh well. -_-* I got home at about 7:00 am and everyone was awake. I felt bad but asked if I could shower before I went to bed because I smelled of smoke and was sooo gross from all the dancing. I didn't want to get that grossness on my futon and around the house. Miwa understood and let me but I had to wait until she finished getting ready. I'm not supposed to take showers in the morning for that reason but I'm sure she appreciates me not stinking up the house since she's like myself and really doesn't like the smell of smoke. I had a slice of bread for breakfast- it was whole-heartedly welcomed! I had been craving one since late greasy dinner. But then I went upstairs and passed out until about 2pm when I set my alarm. If I slept all day, then I wouldn't sleep tonight! Haha! I can still think logically!

I'm taking today off so just homework and sleep and relaxing/recovering so I can be ready for the week. Everyone else in the house has been pretty busy and have been out so I haven't had an issue sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment