Saturday, March 27, 2010

I'm Home to Japan!

Okay for Friday:

In the morning, we were still in Seoul, Korea wandering our way around. We packed our bags and checked out of the hotel, grabbed some breakfast in which I used my airplane BR's spoon with breakfast. Mwahahaha! I collected things! Well, we were off to our next place which had a guided tour in English at 11:30 so we booked it over and bought our tickets in. $3. Yeah, I loved it! But then we realized, this tour wasn't for the village... it was for another Palace... Oops... well, we had to go with a tour guide in this palace so we just went with it. This lady was not going to mess around. Her suggestions weren't suggestions and she would tear into you if you did something against the rules... I heard about this one guy who was trying to sneakily take videos after she said, "no video recording"... oh man... it was ugly. But since this place was very similar to the other palace in some areas, Cassie and I wandered around with the group discussing our story ideas and different techniques. It was fun, Lindsey and Jackie joined in too. So... every one of us wants to write something... well, Cassie wants to make it a comic but still... O.O weird...
So we got out of that at about 12:50 and we sprinted our way back to the hotel which was supposed to be a 20 minute walk from there. We made it in plenty of time and we tried to spend some more of our won on a vending machine because it's not worth much anywhere else... But yeah, we got back and boarded our bus and spoke with our guide in Japanese again. They collected everyone else and took us to some place where we could buy stuff in yen(!?!) and get it Duty-free? maybe? Well, I had been sleeping before we got there so was groggy the whole time and missed my opportunity to buy my Korean metal chopsticks. Then again, it was in yen so not as cheap as originally thought.
After that, they shuffled us to the airport and we ran around there getting lunch since none of us had eaten anything. I managed to get omurice, the random rice omelet thing that my host mom made one time. Not nearly as good as hers and they put mustard on it... the picture didn't look like that. So I mostly ate the rice inside and gave the rest to Cassie and ran off to use my remaining won 6000 won more BR. I got two scopes of ice cream: Lovestruck strawberry and almond bon bon. Both tasty... we were in a hurry so with the aid of a spoon I downed that cone in literally no time at all! Even Cassie was impressed and she eats really quickly... So with that we wander toward the gate but Jackie and Lindsey go to 7-eleven to spend their last won, so Cassie decides to visit this gift-shop for people and well, I didn't think about that... I saw two cute hair bands and I got them but I paid in won and yen because I didn't have enough won to cover the whole thing. That was weird.
Well, afterwards we went through security and got to our gate, on our plane and into Japan. The ride back wasn't as good, nor was the food but oh well. We picked up Cassie's bag from the baggage claim, got through customs, and took our trains home. Cassie finally bought her cake from Yodoyobashi station, I wonder if it was worth breaking her diet more? I got home and missed dinner so just put away all my stuff, got a shower, and relaxed. I chatted with Miwa-san for a bit in Japanese. I think my Japanese was pretty good, although a few words escaped me. Curses! Basic vocabulary! But then I went to bed so I could chat with people in the morning. It was fun and now I'm relaxing and catching up and trying to keep warm!

I guess it is only March still... Oh well. I'm finished for now! Finally! Have fun catching up! I'll be looking at pictures and playing with my new pretty stuff~

/BYE\

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, I forgot... that morning after breakfast I found $5 too! Well, it was 5000 won but close enough. It was pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete