Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday Fun Day

No more worries, no more troubles, no more craziness than usual!

Okay, I woke up and chatted with the entire family for 2 hours! I'm so glad! Alex and Emma are getting so big! I got to her Alex's adorable laugh! よかった! It was great getting to see my grandma and grandpa too. I spoke with them for a long time and I'm very grateful. I really miss everyone.
Afterwards, I wandered out of the room to get food-which I had to wait for Chihiro and Gakuto because I couldn't find my normal slice of bread. Eventually I get it and start munching. Goodness was I starved, I grabbed a little of the left over yummy-ness from last night too. But then, I realized I had emails to respond to one of which concerned my exam tomorrow. So, I made plans to meet my classmate Bryan at Hirakatashi station and we studied at his apartment. I'm not sure exactly why but I was absolutely exhausted today. I fell asleep on the 20 min bus ride to the station. Still it was a fairly productive 3 hours even with our random rants and tangents about otaku, schools, parenting, and our teacher. I will just have to review before class too.

When I got on the bus, I was sooo tired again and nearly fell asleep on the way back but some older gentleman sat next to me and started speaking English to me. It was amusing because he had apparently gone to Bellefountaine, Ohio on business before. It was rather entertaining and then he gave me one of his tickets to ride the bus without paying when you get off. I didn't realize what it was at first but then I was like "Oh, arigatou gozaimasu!" Thank you, thank you very much! He was very nice. Random craziness, like I said. I got off at my stop and realized that one of the mom's in the neighborhood who I have met before was there too. She was so surprised that she didn't notice me on the bus in my red coat but we chatted back into the neighborhood. She's very nice, I wish the Japanese in my brain wouldn't freeze up every time I go into extended periods of English and then try to switch back... But that was nice, I wish I could remember her name, because she called my Katie-chan and I'm not sure if I should refer to her with formal language or informal. I attempted to stick with formal for the sake of being safe and feigning idiocy.

Well, I had been trying to work on this paper I have due tomorrow after my exam but person after person kept talking to me and it never got started. So at this point, I got home and no one is here. I told the kids that I'd be back before dinner and it's like 5:30 so I figure I'll try working on this while waiting for them to return. I looked at stuff, checked my email, tried to be productive and then... I realized...
I forgot to buy my cookies for after dinner when Miwa and I were going to make the chocolates for my friends. It's getting dark so I hurriedly message Miwa and ask her where I can go to buy them. 5 seconds later, they get home... She sends Chihiro and I off to the grocery store at the top of the mountain so we walk there, buy our stuff, and come back only to realize... I don't have anything to put the made chocolates in, so we're sent back out right after I put my stuff away... This time we're allowed to use the bikes because dinner would be ready soon. We get the stuff and come back. Yes! We got everything this time! I was so embarrassed. I also had it pointed out to me that I found my supposed "missing holey socks"... yeah... I might need to throw these away or patch them.

We were going to make everything after dinner so off I go to work on the essay again. I get out some bookmarks to note pages and pull out my info on my partner, then I remember that we never finished chatting about the topic so I message her about the last two items and dinner's ready.
I had more or less minced tuna on rice with soy sauce and miso soup. It was pretty tasty but a little unsettling for my stomach, although I'm not sure why. I ate it surprisingly slowly and then, we started the chocolate endeavor! Mind you, I was excited about this! I got some pictures too but I could only get close ups as the kitchen was not photo friendly according to Miwa. One of these days after midterms I'll draw up a layout for the house so you can see it. But yeah, we mixed and poured and taste-tested the leftovers. It was proclaimed oishi by both Chihiro and Gakuto and myself, being the chocolate connoisseur I am.

I got a response from my partner about the stuff and replied my info back to her but now I'm going to take an ofuro and feel WAY better so I can totally kick this 3+ pager in the tush! Okay! Bathtime then Papertime then Bedtime!

I'll worry about the other stuff tomorrow... oh wait. I better not have Japanese homework...


Dang it... I do... *facepalm*

1 comment:

  1. do you know what i think of whenever you say Chihiro's name? spirited away :P lol

    ReplyDelete