Saturday, March 13, 2010

Round 2 Karaoke!

So today, I got a gmail account... but I'm rather annoyed with it because it keeps calling me my school email name which I set to no longer be associated with... but everywhere else it calls me my gmail name... I got really upset about it, so I had to step away.
I didn't go through with my original plans (again) but it's okay. I ended up playing with Chihiro and Gakuto outside for a bit, met the neighborhood dogs, skyped with someone at the seminar house because I didn't want to bike there... yeah, it was a lazy day...
As much as I wasted the afternoon away not really doing anything productive, I got dinner with the family- it was the delicious potato soup thing again- I did not want to pass it up, even though I had a bit for lunch. Everyone was so busy today, I had to fend for myself for lunch. I skyped with Jon this morning and sent some emails out too. I chatted with my seeester Ashley since I'll get to chat with everyone else in the morning!--- night... my computer is set for Ohio time still... yeah...
But eventually, I managed to narrowly catch the bus- I accidentally touched the door and the driver kind of scolded me... oops... sorry! I had moments before told myself that if I missed this bus, I was staying in that night. The buses only come every half hour and it wouldn't be worth it to get there way after 9 and come back before midnight... (there being Karaoke)...
Well, I didn't make it by 9 to get the special deal so I ran off to Book Off to blow off some steam and didn't find any more of my books but looked at cds since those are the only other things in there that I could use back home...
After about 30 mins, I got to Karaoke and found Lindsey, Ollie, Cassie, and her friend Kyle... that was it. Oh well, we had a lot of fun and we sang more japanese songs from our youth. I totally NAILED White Reflection, Hiro no Tsuki, Dearest, Yubiwa, and Rewrite. I was soo excited, we also did some classics: Boot Scootin' Boogie, American Pie, Phantom of the Opera (which was epic, a little funky with words and music but still epic-- I need to retrain my voice! I'm out of shape!), Here without you, Untitled-simple plan, Drops of Jupiter, Mr. Brightside, etc. It was good. I had to leave before I could do Famous Last Words... sad... and I didn't actually sing my normal- ai no tameni... I'll have to do both of those next time.

The best part was our room wasn't killing my voice because of the smoke smell! It was barely noticeable at all and my clothes don't reek either! Yay! On a side note, I miss having a dryer, it shrinks my clothes back to normal size once they've undergone the craziness of Japanese washers... and they get SOME wrinkles out... It's been about a week of hanging in my closet and my shirt might be wearable now.

But yeah, now I'm home after catching the last bus back and needing to go to sleep so I can skype with the family but I want to be productive now... of course... Story of my life! Night! Oyasumi!

PS: We sang Frank Sinatra- Fly me to the moon(? I forget which one now...) and I got Lindsey to kind of follow me in east coast... I got my SWING DANCING!!! She's demanding we practice on Monday... we'll see how that works with my schedule but I would LOVE to!

No comments:

Post a Comment