Sunday, February 7, 2010

First Weekend Homestay

Okay, First weekend with a host family and it wasn't too bad aside from things outside of their control. I. E. My disappointing results from the japanese language tests... I've already got a back up plan- downside is I don't want to use it... and me getting lost by myself at Hirakata Station for about 45 minutes before I managed to figure out where to go and then actually get there.
I'm not saying it was a bad weekend by any stretch of the imagination. I got to talk to people on Skype including my parents, which made me very happy. I was able to watch a fair bit of anime and oddly enough, it reminded me of home. I hung out with Chihiro-chan and Gakuto quite a bit and we played and I have lots of pictures of them now, which I will upload later. I also went to Toji Temple to attend a flea market. So cool! So much old stuff, it was crazy! Needless to say, I finally broke down and bought something that I didn't see as a necessity but really, really wanted. I actually ended up getting 3 things and it totally out to 1800 yen, which I did the math and ended up being about $16.38. I was pretty proud of myself although, I wasn't able to barter at all but that's okay... I'm not very good at that anyway... *>.> <.<* *^-^* v.v*
I'll give you a couple hints:

it's sometimes light and sometimes not,
depending on the wearer.
It's made very large for those very small,
and no, they made no error.
Many holes exist in this design,
but only two are made for limbs.
A week of going full out in these
and you won't be needing any gyms.

Give me a break: I tried! It's not very good but I'm tired! Still! I definitely didn't sleep much this weekend so let's remedy that now!
Again, pictures: later. Videos: remind me later! Feeling like you've been robbed after checking your bank account after your first two weeks in Japan: Definitely NOT Priceless!

I mean: I did have to buy a phone and a phone card and books and pens, a pencil, two notebooks, a folder, food, traveling to and from school, more food, paying to get to school from the airport, paying my bills at school in cash... it is expensive here...

I really need to man up and bike to school... I know the way now... I just need to not be afraid to ride with all the crazy drivers on the left side of the road of main streets and make sure I always have my bike registration on me and get my bike a parking pass...

I give up! Bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment