Sunday, February 28, 2010

Himeji Jou (He Made Me Go)!

Okay, they sound similar enough, don't they? Also, if one of these days I get possessed, it's really not my fault! I'd probably just laugh when I woke up and found out. But anyway,

I forgot to post yesterday even though I didn't really do anything all day. We relaxed plenty(see I'm already speaking in plural) and slept in late. It was nice although since the house is very echo-prone I can't block out all the yelling and loud voices of the children in the morning. Oh well, it's probably better that way since I woke up to find out that I had a rather concerned email from my parents about an Earthquake that had happened near Okinawa. Well, as you can tell, I had NO idea so I managed to get on Skype around the time they requested so they could see me and know everything was fine, which it was and still is. I chatted with them for a good hour or more and then got breakfast.
Chihiro and Gakuto went to school for some event around that time so I didn't see much of them for a while. Miwa-san and Toru-san were working on things for the Salon so I decided to chill in my room like a "good anti-social" child. Well, between trying to watch Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog and playing Chrono Trigger for the like 19th run through in my life, Toru-san knocked and asked if I could help them with a picture. Ironically, he asked me in English and I got confused on what he wanted but I only realized this when I walked into the Salon and saw a photographer there. . . Nani?!
Believe me when I tell you this, I did not see this coming. I had a nearly lounge outfit on and my hair and makeup were well, lacking in the fashion sense. But SURPRISE! They asked me if I could sit down on one of the chairs in this parka thing and I became a model for about a half hour. I had to move around and do all these different poses but I was getting a "Lost in Translation" feeling when I had no idea what to do but pretend that I was a real model and all ready knew what to do... needless to say this failed and I had fits of giggles every once in a while to release the nerves and confusion. I was so confused but I did what they said and apparently these pictures will be up on the website some time soon. I was told my Toru-san to show the website to everyone when they're up so don't worry. I'll post it. But yeah, that was so far the weirdest thing that's happened to me in Japan. Well, maybe it's second to meeting this very nice old Japanese lady who taught herself amazing English through songs and had notebooks full and liked to meet foreigners and speak their languages. She was really nice but a little surprising. She was very energetic too, completely different from what I saw in the other women her age but yeah, fortunately, I had Mai ... or Ayano... with me. I want to saw Mai but at this point I forget... we were on a Train, it was probably Ayano because it was just the two of us.
Anyway, so that was the big part of yesterday, I wandered around a bit and played Mario Brothers on the Wii with Toru-san, Chihiro, and Gakuto. They're on World 8! I didn't even know what was going on! I took a walk to get some pictures of the neighborhood since I realize I've never done that so no one has a clue where I live or what it's like. The rest of the day I relaxed more with the family, chatted with Miwa-san a bit about life, what her Salon does, and guys. It was kind of amusing but then she got some customers at like 11pm and had to go take care of them. I do not know what the hours are but man, these people stay up soo late and wake up soo early I don't understand how they're still conscious! I also spent a lot of time writing that night, YAY! And eventually I got to chat with Jon and remembered, he's on Spring Break and was temporarily jealous...

Okay, today. Sunday, I woke up and felt a little bleck but had to hurry to catch the bus to get to Hirakatashi before 10:02 because that was the train I was to catch to meet up with everyone coming from the station over and had to meet with Mai and her friend Yuka but I caught my bus after fussing with what to wear for about 10 minutes because I didn't think it was too warm but not cold enough for my coat... Ugh, spring, it can be SOOO difficult sometimes... Well, I got to the station somehow before 10, I really don't get how since I forgot to plan for getting from school to the station by bus. It take more than 20 mins to get from my place to Hirakatashi eki but I made it even though I caught the bus at 9:37! It was a miracle. Unfortunately, I didn't meet up with them because I found Mai who I did not recognize at first because she wore a wig today. So confused! But we had to wait for Yuka who showed up a minute later... I had to explain to them that everyone was coming from another station so we were to meet on the train but we missed it so then it was Kyobashi, which by the time we got onto our train we missed them at Kyobashi too... FINALLY, we met them at the Osaka station before our hour train ride to Himeji! Sorry all, I've been spelling it wrong...
We managed to find everyone and catch the train and meet new people. It was fun, we found some food for lunch once we got off the train and wandered around the Famous Himeji Castle! It was really cool but sometimes difficult to get good pictures since it was soo dark and crowded. We got lots of pictures and I have plenty of fun and nice pictures! I deleted 100 of the maybe, maybe not's, so BE HAPPY! Well, we made plans to go to Namba some time soon with Mai for some serious cheap shopping! I also managed to find another used bookstore and bought one more of my series so now I'm up to 7 of the 11. Yay! I read it on the train back from Himeji and the bus back to my place. I finished it! Yahoo! I feel smart! But yeah, we got back early so I had dinner with Toru-san and the children. It was left over curry which was still oishii! They had me eating it with bread instead of rice. It was crazy but good! I hadn't thought of that before. Afterwards, we chatted and I showed some of my pictures and explained how to use anime on youtube to aid with your language studies to Toru-san. He's happy now that he can learn English while watching One Piece. I laughed.
Eventually, things wound down and I left to check what homework I had for tomorrow, did it, and started going through my pictures. I was really good today!! I even have left over chocolate I bought and shared with people today. I did forget to buy something today but hopefully, it'll work out. Tomorrow I should get my money from the school! *Crosses fingers cause she's broke* Hope that's it's sunny tomorrow for me! I don't want to spend anymore money for a while, unless I find another used bookstore because it's cheaper there!

Much love all, by the way, I changed to settings now so anyone can comment! Enjoy and be nice!

PS: I forgot to mention, don't worry I'm too far away from the water to feel the effects of a tsunami. I asked my host family. We're Okay! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment