Sunday, February 14, 2010

Okinomi-ughy

Yesterday and today were ... fun.
After missing my train because I was chatting with someone, I waited around for the next one. It's really not that hard to figure out where you're going and what you need to wait for... and I met up with Ayano and her friend Miho at Kyobashi where we rode to Osaka together. That was fun. We went to a few different shops and looked at puzzles and other sorts of things. I got 3 pairs of socks because I think some of mine are going missing, only the pair that have holes in them though... >.> <.<*
But these new ones are fun and cute and were about the same price as if I were to buy 3 in the States, so good deal-kind of. I got a pair of toe socks in that assortment too. It's been so long since I've worn any that it's rather disconcerting. I keep thinking, what is touching...oh, nevermind. But they are cute. After getting back from Osaka, I found my way in the dark home from the station and proceeded to eat something creamy and potato-y with rice. It was とても おいしい! But yeah, I chatted with a certain someone late into the night for me and I did manage to finish my only book I brought with me. Ironically, my friends all know the series and I found this for $1 at half-price books. I really like it and am thinking about hunting down the others, it's called Dragonsinger. Again, sing is in the name. I swear! I always choose them that way! But, yeah. I stayed up too late last night and slept in a little too late today... like 11:30.
Oddly enough, when I woke up I left really dizzy and disoriented but it happened before I even sat up. Maybe it was because I switched directions before I went to bed, so I was sleeping with my head on the opposite side of the bed. I don't know.

But today, I did a bit of house keeping and tidied up a few things, opened my window to let the room air out a bit because it is SO dusty in here- that's probably because I constantly have my heater running and I have a higher portion of the room that appears to never get use or cleaning. But I had lunch with Toru and the kids then they went out and I decided to be up to something but got distracted from it by Chrono Trigger! Yes, I did. I know. It's lame that I'm playing video games in Japan but I was going threw withdrawal so I played it through to right before being put on trial. Then I realized it was getting late in the afternoon so I went to visit people at the Seminar house. I like being able to visit them but I hate the restrictions put on the visitors. I cannot even sit in the dining room and chat/watch people make food. I cannot use the computers so if like today, I show up and no one I know is there yet I have to find someplace to sit and wait. Real nice, right? I'm sure someone before me did something stupid and now we're all paying for it... AGAIN, but other than being left alone for a large portion of the day because I was limited to few places, it wasn't entirely a lonely Valentine's Day. I ate a lot of chocolate and am paying for it now. Oops. Japan can be really lonely sometimes. I mean, not like it's me being super personal but I get that feeling a lot. They isolate a lot of people.
Anyway,
I rode my bike today to the seminar house! I only nearly died like 6 times so that's not too bad. A bus went whizzing past me and I almost fell into the ditch on the side of the road that smells of sewage. I ran my handle bars into the side of a metal building and made an atrocious noise but I did make it and in pretty good time. The way home was scarier since I couldn't figure out how to turn on my bike light and remember where to turn to get back home since the normal bus route is SUPER あぶない! I found out from Miwa when I got back. We had a lovely conversation and watched a bit of crazy Japanese game shows and I returned to my room to update and work on homework and mischief before chatting with Mom and Dad at 11. Yay! I'm finished now! Hopefully, I don't die by bike tomorrow!
Night!

PS: I had okinomiyaki today for dinner which Lindsey and Cassie made for me. Thank you-it was おいしい! On a side note, I hate FBchat because it demands your computer's attention and changes the location of where you are typing to an unspecified place so nothing is written. It's stupid and need to get fixed before they do any more stupid changes to FB. I can guess my mother is now clueless on how to use Facebook...

Oh, well.

1 comment: