Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ordinary Days

So, I've got an early start on my homework which is a good thing since I have so much studying to do for classes tomorrow and I have 3 again and they're early! I haven't written anything lately because 1. I've been exhausted and wanted sleep more, 2. no one's been hounding me, and 3. because the days were fairly ordinary. I've had an ofuro, which by the way, I want in my house! I've had my laundry done which seems strange since I didn't help do it at all. I have been doing homework and catching buses and going to class. I seem to do well in my level 4 speaking, it feels much better for me than 3 since I've already learned it and the challenge level isn't high enough for me. Sure, my speaking ability isn't that great but the reading and writing part is decent. I need to do well tomorrow!

It been fun. I can all ready tell my speaking ability has gotten better. The most obvious way to tell is that I'm speaking more and able to communicate better with my host family: especially the people who don't know much English. It's been fun, running into people and meeting new people. It's weird going to class knowing I'll speak more English there than at home... we celebrated a little bit of Setsubun yesterday but since Toru-san didn't come home for dinner from work, I think we held off. Chihiro-chan and Gakuto are cute as always and silly as any 8 and 9 year old would be. I think after this week I'll be able to sleep more and better because I won't be stressing about these tests and needing to memorize an obscene amount of information. I'm not sure how enthusiastic I am about my Culture and Everyday Life class but I definitely like my Psy class. Miwa-san painted my names to practice more before she opens her nail salon. They're pretty but pink... I guess they're in season since they've got hearts on them too. I forgive her because she doesn't know I don't like pink but it's funny seeing it on my hands. It doesn't seem to fit the rest of my persona. -_-*
I think I've... nope, I know I've worn a hole in my pajama pants... uh oh... I'll have to figure out how to sew it closed. >.<
I've made a lot of plans lately- I've met both my speaking partners and have more plans with them. I'm chatting with people from home on Friday and Saturday. I'm going to a flea market in Kyoto on Sunday, getting my alien registration taken care of on Tuesday with Miwa-san, and going to Nara with Mai and hopefully some friends! It'll be fun! Mai is like a more asian version of Kimmy without the benefits. I think that's a fair assessment. I mean Kimmy's not from Asia so I'm not being mean or anything. It's some of the personality and energy. Oh and I just finished making plans to go with Ayano to Osaka to go shopping too! I actually haven't bought many crazy Japanese things yet, it's basically been food and transportation and school stuff.
In case you didn't know, it's expensive to live here.
But yeah, I think this is good for now. I'm going to continue with my homework and study!

No comments:

Post a Comment