Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's raining Pennies!

Random Fact: Did you know most places won't accept 1 yen or 5 yen pieces? That's worth more than 1 penny or 5 respectively... I don't know what to do with all the ones I've collected!

So today was interesting...
I woke up early enough to chat with Jon, Yay! Then he wanted to meet my host family well, he got his wish sort of. Chihiro and Gakuto came bursting in and they messed around/showed off while I was chatting with him until I told them I needed to get ready to go. We had lunch together, it was Pizza of all things! Crazy! But yeah, then I was trying to collect my stuff when they were practically chasing me out the door. We were going to play, I guess. Well, fortunately I took everything I needed for the day because we walked up to a group of children and a Mom and of course, I fumbled with my Japanese and spoke with her until her friend came. Then we all chatted while the children went to play and they asked me where I was going and I explained to the seminar houses but I didn't know which bus to get on. So they took me to the bus stop and we talked more until the bus came. They spoke about as much English as Chihiro and Gakuto, maybe... But it was really nice of them to wait with me since I had like 15 minutes... holiday so less buses. Ooops.
Well, I ended up getting off at the intersection with the Hiwajima Pachinko place and walked the rest of the way to the seminar house. It wasn't a bad walk just lonely... I'm not used to walking that far without my friends there to chat with me. But I made it and got in and hung out while the girls went out to buy stuff for dinner, which was Curry and garlic bread-DELICIOUS! But yeah, eventually, I thought of inviting Keck-san only to forget he didn't live in Seminar House 2 anymore... and by the time I realized it, 1 it was pouring down rain, 2 he was on his way there and 3 I apparently spoke commanding when I messaged him. SORRY!
So he came and hung out with Lindsey, Lauren, Cassie and I and later Danielle and her roommate. It was fun but he was soaked when he got there. I managed to avoid the rain until I left.
Anyway, we watched Coraline, cool but CREEPY! So I'm temporarily afraid of buttons... just the ones that look like the ones from the movie though... but yeah, then they made dinner, we ate and watched some things on Youtube and then Keck-san and I left to get to the bus stop. It wasn't really raining at all but I managed to forget where my stop was and passed it. I realized this later when I came to the next one- very far away and in a sketchy, unlit area... needless to say I wasn't waiting there for a bus by myself, so I went to the next one another several blocks down. That was better lit but seeing the timing of the bus, I didn't want to wait there and I thought I was closer than I really was. Wooops!
I walked forever again until I came to this next bus stop and realized I had a long way still and decided to wait the 5 minutes for the bus to come. Thankfully, the buses here are on time! Since that bus was only coming at the 05 and 31 and it was 10:27 at this point. That's a long time to wait and I wouldn't have had the patience... as shone in the beginning part of the story. So I got on the bus and got off where I should and got home safely! Yay! Then I had to explain my story to Miwa-san and then Toru-san when he stepped out of his meeting. They then explained to me there was another bus I could've taken to some place close(I did happen to see that bus too...) and were in awe that I walked as much as I did- simply because it was expensive.
In any case, Toru-san and I are going to figure out the bike path to campus on Saturday morning before I got to Hirakata Station to go to Osaka with Ayano at 1.
I also found out that the Osaka Castle is being worked on in March- well, finishing up the work for the next 5 years and I want to see the outside before I leave here! Therefore, I'm looking for people to go with but Sat is bad for me because of my Osaka trip, which is when Lindsey is going. I'm hoping to rope in Mai to take me some weekend before it closes. *crosses fingers*
Keck-san also told me that because I hate being in the level 3 class so much I should try one last time to ask if I can be in the level 4 class. My fighting spirit has died but he brings up a valid point. I absolutely hate sitting in that class. I don't want to be the person who drags the class along when they don't get something or won't speak. Sorry, I want to be challenged! We'll see if I muster up enough courage and logical Japanese to formulate a coherent argument. We shall see. Since I've got such a busy day tomorrow, I'd better be off!
Night!

2 comments:

  1. btw i lovey the fish pond :) tis entertaining! and hope your persistence to get into the level 4 class pays off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you asking for A CHALLENGE?! -stinkoman impression from Homestarrunner-

    Seriously though Katie, you can make the level 4 class a reality. But you're going to need your spirit to do it. Give it another go, or you might regret not trying.

    I belieeeeve in you! :3

    - Ian

    ReplyDelete